BRIG will run from wherever the program is unzipped.
No installation required, however, users will require NCBI BLAST+ or BLAST legacy, and Java 1.6 or greater to be installed.
To run BRIG users need to:
* Download the latest version (BRIG-x.xx-dist.zip) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/brig/
* Unzip BRIG-x.xx-dist.zip to a desired location
* Run BRIG.jar, by double clicking.
Users who wish to run BRIG from the command-line need to:
* Navigate to the unpacked BRIG folder in a command-line interface (terminal, console, command prompt).
* Run ‘java -Xmx1500M -jar BRIG.jar’. Where -Xmx specifies the amount of memory allocated to BRIG.