Job opportunity in scientific writing
omicX is an innovative and dynamic French bioinformatics start-up located in Rouen. We have developed OMICtools, a cutting-edge platform with a global reputation, which is used by the biomedical community worldwide. OMICtools is designed to assist researchers and clinicians to identify optimal bioinformatics tools to facilitate their biological analysis. It is based on a collaborative community model, classifying nearly 20,000 bioinformatics tools and bringing together 7,000+ members.
We are actively seeking a scientific writer to strengthen our digital marketing activity and increase OMICtools visibility. Currently in a critical growth phase, we are looking for independent motivated collaborators, with a strong understanding of computational biology and scientific publishing, ready to join us in investing in the future of our project.
Your role as a scientific writer
- Produce original scientific content to enrich our corporate blog, working within SEO constraints
- Monitoring the scientific literature to identify bioinformatics trends, emerging topics, keywords and events
- Expand press releases and guest blogging activity covering your field of writing
- Participate in editorial conferences
- Experience in creating and publishing (WordPress) of add-valued content to draw the attention of our audience (6,000+ visitors per day) and drive traffic to OMICtools
- Strong interest in SEO and audience analysis (Google Analytics)
- Good written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Rigorous, with close attention to detail and spelling
- Excellent level of English (written and spoken) and a good level of French (working language)
- MSc (French “Bac+5”) in biology and/or communication (a double-degree is a plus)
- Working conditions: temporary contract (French “Contrat à Durée Déterminée”)
24K€ (annual brut) according to your level of experience. The package includes health insurance and educational benefits.
Seine Innopolis, Le Petit Quevilly, Rouen, France.
Our work environment has an impressive concentration of technical and scientific bioinformatics expertise with a lateral communication culture. Interested in joining our young and passionate team? Contact us now!
Please send your CV with a cover letter expressing your interest in this position to [email protected].