0 user reviews
0 user reviews
Already have an account? Sign in to review this tool.
No review has been posted.
No open topic.
- Software type:
- Restrictions to use:
- Input format:
- CSV, TXT
- Output format:
- NEXUS, PHYLIP, NeXML, TXT
- Programming languages:
- Computer skills:
- Command line interface
- Input data:
- Matrix Converter takes as input a table of phenomic characters and enables scientists to quickly and easily evaluate the underlying character data and translate them into a matrix of discrete, numerical character states.
- Output data:
- MatrixConverter can output discrete character matrices for phylogenetic or other evolutionary analyses, such as tests for phylogenetic signal, ancestral state reconstructions, or tests to relate phenotypic characters with diversification.
- Operating system:
- Unix/Linux, Mac OS, Windows
- GNU General Public License version 2.0
(Liu et al., 2015) MatrixConverter: Facilitating construction of phenomic character matrices. Applications in Plant Sciences.
- Gordon Burleigh <gburleigh at ufl.edu>
Department of Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA; State Key Laboratory of Software Engineering, Computer School, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, Republic of China
This work was supported by the National Science Foundation as part of the AVAToL: Next Generation Phenomics Project (DEB-1208256).
Link to literature
Related Phenomics tools
Imputes missing values in large-scale high-dimensional phenome data.…
Imputes missing values in large-scale high-dimensional phenome data. phenomeImpute contains four variations of K-nearest-neighbor (KNN) methods and was compared with two existing methods,…
Makes biodiversity data free and available on the web. VertNet is designed to…
Makes biodiversity data free and available on the web. VertNet is designed to help people discover, capture, and publish biodiversity data. It is also the core of a collaboration between hundreds of…
Describes environmental preferences of microbes, interactions with other…
Describes environmental preferences of microbes, interactions with other organisms, biochemical phenotypes, resistance to chemicals and other stressors. ProTraits recognizes 424 phenotypic traits and…
Automates visualization, analysis and exploration of complex and highly…
Automates visualization, analysis and exploration of complex and highly resolved microbial growth data. PRECOG allows the user to quality control, interact with and evaluate microbial growth data…