Mitelman Database statistics

Tool stats & trends

Looking to identify usage trends or leading experts?

Protocols

Mitelman Database specifications

Information


Unique identifier OMICS_03000
Name Mitelman Database
Alternative name Mitelman Database of Chromosome Aberrations and Gene Fusions in Cancer
Restrictions to use None
Community driven No
Data access Browse
User data submission Not allowed
Maintained Yes
Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitelman_Database_of_Chromosome_Aberrations_and_Gene_Fusions_in_Cancer

Taxon


  • Primates
    • Homo sapiens

Maintainer


  • person_outline Felix Mitelman

Additional information


https://cgap.nci.nih.gov/Chromosomes/AllAboutMitelman

Publication for Mitelman Database of Chromosome Aberrations and Gene Fusions in Cancer

Mitelman Database citations

 (13)
library_books

Frequent miRNA convergent fusion gene events in breast cancer

2017
Nat Commun
PMCID: 5629207
PMID: 28983113
DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-01176-1

[…] from were converted to the hg38 genome assembly using UCSC LiftOver and combined with Entrez annotation to determine the ends of partner genes. Since no breakpoint coordinates were available for the Mitelman Database of Chromosome Aberrations and Gene Fusions in Cancer, miRNA host genes in fusions were identified through matching by gene symbol. For FusionCancer the analysis was limited to genes […]

library_books

Recurrent fusion transcripts in squamous cell carcinomas of the vulva

2017
Oncotarget
PMCID: 5370005
PMID: 28186972
DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.15167

[…] ide targets for therapeutic drugs []. The number of chimeric transcripts thus detected has increased exponentially after the introduction of next generation sequencing (NGS) methodology. To date, the Mitelman Database of Chromosome Aberrations and Gene Fusions in Cancer (http://cgap.nci.nih.gov/Chromosomes/Mitelman) reports 10.277 fusion transcripts (update February 2016) found in different types […]

call_split

Comprehensive functional analysis of the tousled like kinase 2 frequently amplified in aggressive luminal breast cancers

2016
Nat Commun
PMCID: 5064015
PMID: 27694828
DOI: 10.1038/ncomms12991
call_split See protocol

[…] ns with cancer-related molecular concepts. The ConSig scores are calculated using a cancer gene list (n=385) compiled from the Cancer Gene Census (http://www.sanger.ac.uk/genetics/CGP/Census) and the Mitelman database (http://cgap.nci.nih.gov/Chromosomes/Mitelman), and a compiled molecular concept database including the C1, C2, C3 and C5 gene sets from MSigDb (http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsea/ms […]

library_books

RWCFusion: identifying phenotype specific cancer driver gene fusions based on fusion pair random walk scoring method

2016
Oncotarget
PMCID: 5308635
PMID: 27506935
DOI: 10.18632/oncotarget.11064

[…] proposed by Wang et al. It nominates driver fusions by the direct association of partner genes with identified fusion concept signatures, generated through enrichment of established fusions from the Mitelman database against all concepts compiled from molecular interactions, functional annotations and pathways []. This method ignored the specificity of phenotype when deducing fusion concept signa […]

library_books

Recurrent chimeric fusion RNAs in non cancer tissues and cells

2016
Nucleic Acids Res
PMCID: 4824105
PMID: 26837576
DOI: 10.1093/nar/gkw032

[…] ion of processes in normal development, we hypothesized that comparable chimeric fusions may exist in normal cells. At the time this manuscript was prepared, there were 2276 fusions documented in the Mitelman Database of Chromosome Aberrations and Gene Fusions in Cancer in the Cancer Genome Anatomy Project (). Thirteen fusions were common to this list and the list of fusions we found in normal tis […]

library_books

Transcriptome Profiling of Pediatric Core Binding Factor AML

2015
PLoS One
PMCID: 4580636
PMID: 26397705
DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0138782

[…] se of fusion genes identified using bioinformatics analysis of transcript sequences based on various public resources, including GenBank, the Sanger Cancer Genome Project (CGP), OMIM, PubMed, and the Mitelman database. Fifty-one of the 69 putative fusion events (74%), were intra-chromosomal (), and the remaining 18 (26%) were found in inter-chromosomal junctions. Fifty-nine of the 69 identified fu […]

Citations

Looking to check out a full list of citations?

Mitelman Database institution(s)
Lund University, Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Mitelman Database funding source(s)
Supported by the Swedish Cancer Society and the Swedish Children’s Cancer Foundation.

Mitelman Database reviews

star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border
star star star star star

Be the first to review Mitelman Database